Monday, June 21, 2010

Remembering Dad




I miss my dad more than I can say.  It is so strange that missing him hasn't ebbed even a little, though it's been years since his passing.  Love doesn't end that way, does it? 
My father was a World War II Vet, and a proud American.  He put his family first and loved to cook breakfast on Sunday mornings.

When I think of my dad, I smile. 
Happy Father's Day, dad.


On Saturday, I went to a wedding shower.  The beverages, food, and decorations were so yummy and well thought out.  The theme of the party was "A Perfect Pair".  Sweet, decorated shoe boxes and darling high heels were used throughout the house, which added to the "pair" atmosphere.  Luncheon was served, as well as "pair" type party games.  It was a lot of fun.




Tables were set with shoe boxes at each place setting, and lunch was inside!  How cute is that?



1 comment:

  1. Love the Fathers Day tribute. I miss Dad and think about him everyday also. I have the same picture of him behind my desk at work, it inspires me and reminds me of how thankful I am for everything he did for our family. Thanks for posting, I enjoy the blog, just haven't caught on to the knitting part though. Love you Sis

    ReplyDelete