Thursday, June 10, 2010

On the Needles


I've been waiting to stitch up some new socks with this lovely yarn from Plymouth Yarn Company called Happy Feet. With 90% wool and 10% nylon, it works up with just the right amount of stretch for a really great fit.  The colorway is a combination of many jewel tones, and those are some of my favorite hues.  Now, to find just the right pattern.  I'll go on a pattern hunt today!  Ravelry might give me some ideas.

In the meantime, I've been working on a new cardigan.  The yarn is Knitpicks Stroll, in Burgundy.  It's fingering weight yarn on #2 US needles, so this might take a while to complete.  The pattern is Castlegar Cardigan by Laura Chau.  Here's a little preview of what's to come:

The twisted rib edge is very interesting, and not at all difficult.  The color is a little deeper than the photograph depicts and the yarn is very soft and draping very nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment