Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Knitting right along




Yarn:  Malibringo, fingering weight, size 5 circular needle

The completion of the Swallowtail shawlette (see Ravelry) came with a few surprises. Since I'm not very familiar with lace knitting, the errors were much more evident after blocking. At first glance, it's a rather pretty pattern, and I might just make another one. The pattern was a fun knit, and not too complicated, especially since I resigned myself to the fact that "nupps" were not something I wanted to tackle. I left them out, substituting with plain 'knit' stitches. It still looks pretty, from far away - heh heh




On another note, my tomatoes are starting to blossom, or should I say, my blossoms are starting to tomato? Anyway, they're so darn cute. I hope they keep doing what they're supposed to do.  I planted, added plant mix, and I water.  Tomato on grilled cheese sandwiches...can't wait!  They're in pots, so I hope those pesky little bugs stay the heck away.

No comments:

Post a Comment