Friday, December 31, 2010

Blocking, at last!

I thought this day would never come!  This little cardi has taken so much longer to knit up than I thought it would.  My daughter's visit from Mississippi, along with Thanksgiving and Christmas, and bits of Christmas knitting are my excuses.  Now, my hope is to complete it before our short winter season is over, otherwise, I'll have to wait until next November to wear it. 

I did try to stay within the limits of the finished measurements, according to the pattern, but this MadelineTosh is forgiving, and seems to give me a little more width than expected.

After it's seamed, there is still a knitted edging to add.  You might notice this piece is laying with the right side down.  I decided to lay the sides on top of each other and did the same with the sleeves. This may take longer to dry, but they should be sized correctly.

Something new on the needles, coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment