Monday, December 6, 2010

Pie Season


Every family has a favorite pie.... it's the one that disappears first at various family gatherings throughout the Christmas season.  I believe our family favorite is pumpkin. 

Pumpkin and all the spices emanating from this custard creation, is the aroma that makes the holidays seem more, umm...holiday-ish!  Am I right?


My daughter, Amanda, is pumpkin pie's most loyal fan.  She's been loving this sweet and spicy temptation since early childhood.  She has always believed it to be a great substitute for any meal, claiming its nutritious ingredients.

When she was a child, I made pumpkin pie every two weeks for about 6 months, when I finally decided it was time for her to learn how to make a pie crust.  Amanda was a fast learner, especially when she realized that knowing this technique would be helpful in all future pie endeavors.  At about the age of 12, she was a very good pie crust maker, and I'm happy to report, she still loves pumpkin pie, and makes it quite regularly for her own children.

My grandson, Garrett, is the family's new pumpkin pie enthusiast...the apple  the pumpkin doesn't roll far from the vine.

No comments:

Post a Comment