Thursday, December 16, 2010

Quilt, part 2


Fabric shopping is addictive.  Did I buy more than I was shopping for?  You just know I did.

Since the quilt top I pieced was sewn using old scraps from other projects, there was no way to find anything to use for a backing that would match perfectly.  If I'd planned this quilt from the beginning, I'd have selected one of the pieces of the top to use for the backing.



I did find this adorable flannel with little Olivia prancing about, and since the top has some black and white pieces scattered throughout, I thought it might work well.  The green fabric above will be used for the binding.  This Olivia flannel is very black....the lighting was very bright.

One thing is clear; even though my husband has seen me make many quilts over the years, he has no knowledge about the differences between the terms, backing, binding, border, or basting.....imagine that!

No comments:

Post a Comment