Monday, February 7, 2011

Stripes!


Once upon a time, Jan was rummaging through her drawers, umm...perhaps chest of drawers, is more appropriate... and found two skeins of very old wool.  This wool is of the stripe type.  Since Jan isn't very fond of stripes, she kept shoving it farther and farther back in the recesses of oblivion, hoping it might disappear, never to be seen again.  It reared it's little neglected head once again, and rescue was inevitable.


The yarn is Regia, and although stripes aren't my cup of tea, I'm beginning to develop a taste for these little socks.  The yarn is lovely to knit, soft and sturdy, which is good for the wear and tear most socks must take.  When they're complete, I'll share the details of the pattern, which I purposely kept simple, taking advantage of the striping ability of this yarn.  I'm crossing my fingers, hoping the toes of these little beauties are prettier than my last sock adventure.

I downloaded the pattern for In Dreams, sigh....I had to order a smaller crochet hook, since the one I had wasn't teeny enough for the bead hole.  Crap.  This will delay the start of In Dreams.  I have 4 projects on the needles now, so perhaps this delay is fortuitous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment