Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Slice of Spring


I'm so pleased with the pattern on this half circle shawl.  It can be found on Knit Picks website.  At the reasonable $1.99 price for a download, it surely was worth it.



Even my 'live in' model loved the design.  The shawl is knit from the top down, beginning in the center and it alternates with rows of stockinette, flanked by several rows of lace.  The edge of the shawl has a very slight ripple effect, which I love.



It's quite generous, as you can see, and although the lace portion was somewhat fiddly, the rests during the stockinette portion was appreciated, especially in the evening.  I used the recommended size 7 circular needles and the yarn is Malabrigo fingering weight, in the color ochre.  Can you believe this is only 1 hank?




This shawl pattern was very nicely written, easy to understand, and I'm eager to search for more patterns from Knit Picks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment