Friday, October 8, 2010

Twisted Rib Socks - Complete


At last!  These socks featured a twisted rib cuff, and a simple knit all-over design.  Nothing complicated, at all.



Yarn:  The Woolen Rabbit
           Essence/ Merino Wool
           Pussywillow
           400 yards
 
This lovely yarn is very soft with a muted blue/grey color.  They were knit using US 1 dpns, at 8 stitches per inch gauge. 



My daughter was kind enough to model them for me, but they're knit for someone with slightly larger feet, so they're not quite the perfect fit in these photos.  Sorry for the gloomy looking pictures, but the lateness of an already cloudy day was not in my favor.

All in all, a very comfortable TV watching knit, though the pattern seemed to drag on.  I suppose there should be a balance between what is easy and what is interesting.  Hmm, I'll have to give that some thought for my next pair of socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment