Tuesday, October 12, 2010

New Socks on the Needles


Autumn is a good time to indulge myself in the beautiful colors of the season.  I simply love fall in all its majesty.  Here, we have some pumpkin colored yarn that I purchased for a sweater, but it was not to be.  All that yammy color was just too much.

I made up the pattern myself.  That's to say, I didn't use a pattern from Ravelry, or any book or website.  I'm sure someone out there has made socks with a diamond pattern on them, so they're probably not 'original' in the truest sense of the word.  I used graph paper to sketch out the design I wanted, and began knitting using basic sock measurements.  We'll see how they come out.


The diamonds are subtle, I know, but I didn't want anything too fussy with this very bold and stripey color.  I hope to finish them before Halloween.

I'm loving my little sock project bag. 

No comments:

Post a Comment