Saturday, August 21, 2010

Taking a Stroll


KnitPicks, Stroll
2 - 100 gram hanks
462 yards each, fingering wt.
7-8 stitches on 1-3 needles US
Colorway:  Foliage Tonal

What will this pumpkin colored yarn be?  That's a serious question.  I've already tried knitting a cute little shawl, knowing that this amount of yarn would make a very substantial piece.  Bad idea, and I should have taken a photo prior to frogging.  Only a proper picture could illustrate my dilemma.  It was late at night, so, what can I say?

This variegated yarn has a definite 'stripe' pattern.  The color does not change gradually, and there's no way around it.  I don't want a striped shawl, or a striped cardigan.  When I bought it, I thought the color would be distributed more evenly.  Hey, I love the orange color, really.  Yams are right up there as one of my 5 favorite veggies.  This isn't a slam against KnitPicks, in any way.  I love their stuff!  I have their needles, and I've used their yarns, honest.

I have to think about what to do.  Any ideas would be most welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment