Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Ishbel, the Second Time Around


This is the first time I've ever used 'lace' yarn.  I know, I can't believe it either.  My daughter was kind enough to model this shawl for me in 90 degree heat.  Bless her little 'I'd rather be at the beach' heart.



One of my favorite yarns is, Malibringo.  This lace-weight is so thin, I could thread a needle with it...Yikes.  Admittedly, I wasn't prepared for that. 



Ishbel, of course, is so lovely.  Ysolda did such a wonderful job designing the pattern and it's become one of those shawls, like Swallowtail, that every knitter wants to knit, at least once.  I couldn't resist trying my hand at making another, and using lace, this time.



Malibringo, in the color Autumn Forest was a good choice, but I wasn't sure I liked that 'halo' effect.  I wonder if all lace yarn does that?  It certainly can't be compared with mohair, but it is something to keep in mind, for future projects.


The neutral color of this yarn makes the shawl a very wearable piece, and I can see it paired with many different colors, as well as dressed up or it can be worn with slacks on a cool summer evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment