Thursday, July 29, 2010

Flashback


Notice anything familiar?  The yarn I used to knit these little socks for my granddaughter, is leftover yarn from socks I made earlier. 

My granddaughter requested some socks in a pretty color, and knowing I had some yarn in my stash that might fit the bill, I looked for a wee sock pattern.  Well, I looked and looked, and although there are some children's patterns, nothing stood out.  Perhaps knitting socks for children seems like a worthless exercise, since kids have a tendency to grow - I mean, they grow fast!

I devised this pattern myself, making sure the cast-on, the heel turn, and the toe was what I wanted.  Try to ignore the fact that with much frogging and re-knitting, this Lorna's Laces shows some wear and tear.  Now that I know what I'm doing, more or less, I can knit her up some really cute socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment