Thursday, July 1, 2010

Easy does it


Here is the One-Skein-Shawl (Ravelry) which turned out to be a great TV watching knit.  It's simplicity really shows off the color and quality of the yarn.


As hard as I tried, I could not get the beauty of this Dream In Color, Starry, to show up properly.  It has little silver flecks that sparkle and glimmer in the light.



In my version, I added a couple of extra rows of edging, since the Dream In Color is very generous at 450 yards.  The color is Good Luck Jade, and the feel is very soft, even with the silver threads interspersed throughout



Isn't it pretty?  The pattern called for a size 15 circular needle (YIKES).  I don't like circulars much, and I certainly don't like working with large size needles.  I used a size 7 circular needle and while the gauge was not as loose as the pattern, the result was still soft, and with a very nice drape.  The flexibility of this pattern is a big plus, in my book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment