Monday, August 22, 2011

Roses Are Red


Shawls?  How do I love the? Let me count the ways.  Apologies to Elizabeth Barrett Browning. 

This is the first in a series of 5 shawls I'll be knitting during the coming season.  What season is that, you ask?  It's shawl-making-season, of course!

Rose Beck has written a lovely little E-Book titled Be Mine.  There are 5 shawls included in this E-Book, and well worth the download.  They are well written, with charming little notes about how she came to write each pattern, as well as name them.
 


Roses are Red is so sweet, it makes my teeth hurt.  I love the little flowers, and even though they might seem intricate, it's quite easy.

Yarn:  Yarn Love
Colorway:  Warm Brick
Needles:  Size 4 U.S. Circular



Confession time....I ran out of yarn.  There should be one more complete pattern repeat, before the garter stitch edging.  The pattern called for 380 yards of fingering weight yarn and I used 2 hanks of Yarn Love, which each have 195 yards.  I'm not very good at math, but my calculator tells me, that adds up to 390 yards, which should have been more than enough.  It wasn't.

Note to self:  Always have more yarn than you need.

1 comment: