Sunday, August 14, 2011

One Potato, Two Potato...



Talk about bringing back memories!  Potato printing seemed so easy when I was 6 and uninhibited. 



Here's a closer view, and although it isn't perfect, I do like the darker outline on some of the images.




Here, I applied a wash to the background, still following Gina's wonderful lessons.  I'm so thankful for her seemingly one on one tutorial.



In this image, I applied some gold oil crayon to some of the outlines.  I like the look of this.



Good grief....knowing when to stop is one of the hallmarks of a good artist.  In the above image, you can see that my work became a bit heavy handed.   A little muddy on the left, and I just kept trying to improve the look....Thankfully, poor results only make me want to try harder.

3 comments:

  1. Super work Jan. I'm slightly overwhelmed that my tutorials are being followed all over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful and it's amazing what you can do with a potato.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing result from cutting a shape into a potato, but I do think your print is probably more sophisticated than most potato prints! Ruby is so sweet! Vanessa xxx

    ReplyDelete