Monday, March 21, 2011

Amanda's Sweater - complete!


I'm really happy with the way Amanda's sweater came out.  It's luxuriously soft and the pattern worked lovely with the Dream In Color yarn.



This is meant to be a casual 'wear anywhere' type of sweater, because that's what Amanda wanted.  Something to throw over her shoulders before marketing or taking the kids to and from school or soccer practice.  It's being modeled here by Alexis, who is the same size as Amanda, and it looks great on both of them. 



The fit is very nice, and since Amanda chose the color herself, she's very happy that it can be worn with everything from jeans to nicer, dressier pants, or even over a little dress.  Please disregard the bits of yarn I neglected to trim...grrrr.



Details:  Pattern:  Whisk Cardigan, in the fall issue of Knitscene
             Yarn:  Dream In Color Classy - November Muse
             Needles:  Size 10, straight needles

Notes:  I wasn't getting gauge, but for fear that using even larger needles would make the sweater far too loose and 'holey', I opted for changing the size of the pattern to a medium.  When it was measured during blocking, it was a perfect size small.  If I were to make it again, I would even use smaller needles and use the large size pattern.  I don't know if this would work for every pattern, but it did for this one.

I changed the cuff of the sweater to a k1, p1 rib, and I made them more of a quarter length sleeve.  My model has them stretched toward her wrist, but it actually falls about 3 inches shorter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment