Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Socks and Murder?



Nothing like a good murder mystery for sock inspiration, right? 

The Murder at the Vicarage is the title of these wee little beauties, and I'm certain you can see a definite basket slowly inching its way toward the heel.  I didn't find this pattern from any source, other than just repeating row after row of knit-4, purl-4, alternating every 4 rows, but I'm positive there are real patterns out there where a basket can be found.

If you happen to be a follower of Agatha Christie, namely, Miss Marple mysteries, you're familiar with her love of knitting, gardening, and sleuthing!  In this book, much of her detective skills are put to the test from her own little garden in Saint Mary Mead. 

I loved the book, and the fact that Miss Marple spent so much time in her garden, made me think of a lovely little basket laden with veggies or flowers. 

Many of Agatha Christie's novels have been televised, and with the help of YouTube, Joan Hickson's portrayal of Miss Marple is easily available. 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely socks. I like the greenish colour. So I should add a pair of green socks to my stash of mostly blue ones.

    At the moment I'm knitting socks with Opal Hundertwasser yarn. Do you know him, the artist? Friedensreich Hundertwasser?

    ReplyDelete