Monday, October 10, 2011

3rd in my Agatha Christie Sock series....coming up



This lovely Sweet Georgia fingering weight will be the yarn of choice for my third pair of socks in my Agatha Christie series.  I hope to get them on the needles today.

The pullover sweater I've been working on, ever so slowly, is still needing attention.  Now, with cooler weather making an appearance, the idea of warm wool across my lap, sounds comforting.

My shawl project has been taking a break, also....remember, "Violets Are Blue"?

I may as well explain why such a lag between postings.  As you might recall from my feeble attempt at Haiku....I did fall.  I tripped over our flagpole.....hard to explain, but it involved trying to keep the flag from touching the ground, and a sweet little dog on a leash.  Trying to manage both at the same time was my downfall, literally!

Without going into too much detail, I landed on my knee, and what would have amounted to an ugly bruise for most normal people, turned out to be a bit more complicated for me.  I had ruptured a vein.  Long story - short.....It's not serious, but keeping my leg elevated does make knitting nearly impossible.  Knitting withdrawal is making me crazy.

Here's hoping my needles will start clicking once again, and a great big thank you, for all your support and kind words.

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful yarn! I hope you're feeling better! (BTW, thanks for the comment on my blog. I'll be happy once I sort out the tangle. But the getting there will make me crazy!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missed ya. I'm glad you are back. Hopefully you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete