Monday, June 27, 2011
Market Bag - Complete!
I've finished my new market bag, and I'm very happy with how it turned out. It's very stretchy, and very sturdy, which is a good thing for something that will be slung over the shoulder when I do a bit of marketing.
You can see how much it stretches, and I didn't really pack the bag, as I could have. The pattern can be found here on Ravelry. It was an easy pattern, and the only warning I'd advise is, pay attention to the length of the handles you choose to make. They are very stretchy, so adjust for that.
The top portion of the bag is done in garter stitch, and so are the handles. It goes quickly, and I'm assuming it can also be made deeper than the pattern suggests, by adding a few more rows of the 'netting' portion.
The materials list is as follows: Tahki 100% cotton, 3 hanks
size 5 and 6 US circular needles, plus size 5 dpns for the bottom portion
I made a gauge swatch (I know, weird) to arrive at the needle size I mention. The author's recommendation was somewhat different.
Now I can tick another finished knitted object off my list. Yippee!!